Meet us at the EXRS 2018 in Ljubljana!
- Multimodal imaging of biological samples: correlation of µXRF with MALDI-MSI and with LA-ICP-MS (talk)
- Micro-XRF analysis of zinc and lead accumulation in the tidemark of articular cartilage (poster)
- Detection of Gadolinium accumulation in bone by XRF (poster)
Mirjam Rauwolf was invited to Jahrestagung FG Nuklearchemie, GDCh Scientific Forum Chemistry 2017 in Berlin, Germany and gave a talk on the “Synchrotron Radiation Micro XRF Analysis of Zinc in Osteosarcoma Tissue”. Hurray!
We attended this years Denver X-ray Conference in Big Sky, Montana from 31 July to 4 August.
This year we contributed with the following talks:
- Multimodal Imaging of Biological Samples: Correlation of μXRF with MALDI-MSI and with LA-ICP-MS (A.Turyanskaya et al.)
- Zinc (Zn) and Lead (Pb) Accumulation in the Tidemark of Articular Cartilage with High-resolution micro-XRF (M. Rauwolf et al.)
Latest news from St. Petersburg! Anna Turyanskaya just delivered the talk “Elemental bioimaging in bone by µXRF” at 16th International Symposium on Trace Elements in Man and Animals (TEMA-16).Earlier this week, Dr. A. Pejovic-Milic (Ryerson Univerisity, Canada) presented the first results of joint project with our group – poster “Elemental mapping in rat bones treated with strontium ranelate and strontium citrate using µXRF”.
The Seminar Activation Analysis and Gamma Spectroscopy (SAAGAS 26), took place on 19-22 February in TU Wien, Vienna, Austria. Our group from Atominstitut contributed to the Seminar 2 oral presentations, as well as 5 posters – and three of the posters were devoted to biological samples:
- Total X-ray reflection spectrometry of black tea and herbal infusions
- μXRF spectrometer of Atominstitut in bio-imaging application
- Confocal μXRF spectrometer for low to high Z element analysis
We’re very delighted to share, that the talk of Mirjam Rauwolf – “Synchrotron radiation micro XRF analysis of zinc in osteosarcoma tissue” received an award!
Visit our talks at this years European Conference on X-Ray Spectrometry (EXRS) in Gothenburg.
European Conference on X-Ray Spectrometry 2016
On Monday, 20th of June from 14:30 to 14:45 M. Rauwolf will present our work about the “Zinc accumulation in mineralized osteosarcoma tissue determined with confocal SR-μXRF“
and on Tuesday, 21st of June from 13:45 to 14:00 A. Turyanskaya will talk about the “Manganese distribution in antler and human bone by SR-μXRF analysis“.
And don’t forget to have a look at our posters (Poster session 2, Tuesday, 21st of June from 17:15 to 19:00):
We are presenting parts of our research tomorrow at the International Conference on Progress in Bone and Mineral Research 2015 and the Annual Autumn Conference of the Austrian Society for Bone and Mineral Research (AuSBMR).
Bone Conference 2015
Venue: TechGate Vienna, 1220 Vienna, Donau City Str. 1
From 14.40 to 14.50 A. Turyanskaya will talk about “Synchrotron µXRF analysis of Manganese distribution in antler and human bone”
and from 16.20 to 16.30 M. Rauwolf will present our work about the “Distribution of Zinc in human high-grade osteosarcoma and healthy tissue determined with confocal synchrotron radiation micro X-Ray Fluorescence analysis“.
The conference takes place in Vienna, Austria from December 3 – 5, 2015. The complete program can be found here.