Sincerest congratulations to Mirjam Rauwolf on successful completion of her PhD studies! The defence took place on 3 December. The dissertation can be found in reposiTUm (full text available).
You are browsing archives for
We’ve got wonderful news from Denver X-ray conference (Westminster, Colorado).
Congratulations to Prof. Christina Streli on receiving Birks award!
And, in addition, our team prepared two posters for the conference:
- Poster F-67: The Submicro-X-ray Fluorescence Setup on the B16 Beamline at Diamond Light Source
- Poster F-71: Detection of Gadolinium Accumulation in Bone by XRF
This month we published two great outputs from our measurements on two different synchrotrons.
- Diamond experiments are summarised in M. Rauwolf, A. Turyanskaya, D. Ingerle, N. Szoboszlai, I. Pape, A. Malandain, O. Fox, L. Hahn, K. Sawhney, C. Streli: “Characterization of a submicro-X-ray fluorescence setup on the B16 beamline at Diamond Light Source“; Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, 25 (2018), 1 – 2.
- Elettra beamtimes reported in L. Perneczky, M. Rauwolf, D. Ingerle, D. Eichert, F. Brigidi, W. Jark, S. Bjeoumikhova, G. Pepponi, P. Wobrauschek, C. Streli, A. Turyanskaya: “Temporary implementation and testing of a confocal SR-μXRF system forbone analysis at the X-ray Fluorescence beamline at Elettra“; Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 897 (2018), 114 – 119.
Meet us at the EXRS 2018 in Ljubljana!
- Multimodal imaging of biological samples: correlation of µXRF with MALDI-MSI and with LA-ICP-MS (talk)
- Micro-XRF analysis of zinc and lead accumulation in the tidemark of articular cartilage (poster)
- Detection of Gadolinium accumulation in bone by XRF (poster)
In the collaboration with Institute of Chemical Technology and Analytics (TU Wien) we ran the project on collecting both elemental and molecular information from the very same slice! The methods employed – µXRF for elemental and MALDI for molecular information. The sample on which we tested the workflow could be easily bought on market – chicken feet (phalanx section was measured). Yummy!
The project is described in the paper “Multimodal imaging of undecalcified tissue sections by MALDI MS and μXRF” published by Analyst.